Monday, June 23, 2008

NASCAR Weekend

Red Bull invited us to go to the NASCAR race in Sonoma this weekend, what a blast! They paid for everything--I love that!! They put us up at the Hyatt Vineyard Creek Resort and Spa in Santa Rosa, our room overlooked the pool...which Avery went in both nights we were there. That was probably her favorite part of the weekend, as far as the race, she kept saying,"the cars are too scary", because it was so loud. We were in an enclosed suite though, so it really wasn't as bad as it could have been! We would go out hang out outside when the cars weren't running, but when they were...oh my gosh it was LOUD!! We went with a few guys from Johnny's office and really enjoyed the weekend with them and their wives/girlfriends. Guy Fieri (Food Network Chef and TGI Friday's Chef/Advertiser guy) was the Grand Marshall of the race...don't really know what that means except he was there and in the suite 2 doors down form us. So the group dared me to try and get him to our suite...I made my way over there, walked in their suite and made my way to him and asked him if he's like to come join us in the Red Bull Suite~he agreed :) Anyway, he came over and chatted for a few minutes and took some pictures with us. We had a great weekend!! p.s.~ the video is of the Red Bull stunt helicopter doing some crazy stuff p.p.s~ Avery is going on almost 2 weeks w/ big girl underwear!! YAHOO!! She did great this weekend, told me everytime she had to go potty :)

5 comments:

KATE said...

How Fun!! I love Guy Fieri, I'm a total Food Network Dork! How fun!!

I love all your cute family pics!!

Shannon said...

HEY We are going on 3 weeks Potty training! It is so hard with 2!!!

How fun, i love the Suites, then you get to eat all the yummy food too!
I can totally see you going over and getting that guy to come to your suite! You ROCK!!

I don't really ever talk to josh much anymore, they live in Oregon, he is on his 2nd marraige and has like 5 kids 2 from his new marraige. I totall started laughing when i read your Comment and Boston was wondering what was so funny! So i had to explain the swimsuit exchange story to him. hahaha
Loves...

Shannon said...

P.S.
Avery is so stinkin cute in the Giants Jersey!
I am dying to meet her, hurry and get your butts out here!!

Unknown said...

Do you know how much I love Guy Fieri?? I'm so jealous! I'm glad you guys got to experience that. I love the perks we get from our men. :)

BTW, congrats Avery!! You're such a big girl! I'm proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Wow the perks of the job. Got to love it:) next time would you let Red bull know how much your brother supports their DRINK! so we could come with you guys:) j/k

Avery, Big girl pottys are way better and cheaper than diapers Good job. Wait she is to little for the toilet isn't she? Good job!