Sunday, June 8, 2008

Hikin' the hills


Click to play Pinecrest lake
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

We had a great Saturday hiking and playing in the water at Pinecrest Lake. The weather was perfect! Johnny had been near here a couple weeks ago when he went fishing with some friends and wanted to take Avery and I there. I'm so glad we made the 2+ hour drive--it was amazing! We are planning to go back in a couple weeks to camp there. California has so much to offer...all within a couple hours-it's great! We just keep exploring and finding more. Love it :) Avery went in the back pack for a while and then wanted to hike. She actually did great--she's gonna be our little "prissy/granola" girl. She did so good with her "footing" on the rocks, took the time to find a good spot for her foot and then climbed up rocks twice her size. It was great to watch her do this on her own.
On the way home we found a yummy grease pit and had all-you-can-eat ribs, burgers and fries--come on, we're not so into nature that we don't like a good juicy burger!! We had a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place. Janel, could you be any skinnier! You all look really good, including you Johnny, you hunk you!

Michelle

Shannon said...

Aw, it looks gorgeous there! Is that how you stay in such great Shape?!!
We were actually looking to live in California (so.Cal) in february we flew out and looked at homes! But we just LOVE Utah! The Skiing, Biking, Mtns, etc...
It does seem really tempting at times though.

Unknown said...

Looks amazing! You guys are really lucky to live so close to so many things. Avery is adorable in all her little poses. Can't wait to meet her.

Anonymous said...

Janel you look so good!! That looks so much like the back woods of Utah. So Beautiful!

Stephanie said...

I love the picture of Avery in the water sticking out her tongue. What a beautiful place!

KATE said...

Janel! Holy Cow, I was so excited to see your comment on my blog! How crazy! You're still as gorgeous as ever! What a beautiful family you have!!
Avery is adorable!
We have an Avery too!
I don't know what happened & why I missed your email. My email address in my profile is correct. It's katealger125@earthlink.net
I'd love to hear from ya!
Kari doesn't keep up on her blog, but I'll pass on emails if you'd like!
Love ya!!~ Kati

Emily said...

we love to camp too! too bad we don't live in cali near you, i miss it....

camping is so good for the kids too, some of my favorites memories are from camping with the family... and just think i didn't need TV or expensive things to create those memories!

love the pics!

Grandma Lu said...

I am so excited to hear from you. You have the cutest family. How are you? I am so bad at updating my blog. I will do better. Lets keep in touch!