Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Happy Homemaking...


Ok, so we didn't do anything super exciting or grand last weekend--well, we did go to the annual Patterson Apricot Fiesta and a birthday party...but no Disneyland or Santa Cruz or anything like that :) So...what to post--wow, I've got "post" pressure...(from nobody but me!) Anyway, I was thinkin' about my friend Emily's blog and how she makes her own butter, and Anna who makes those dang cute cards and I started wondering, "what am I good for?!" So, the best I could come up with is this: We haven't bought bread for about a year...thanks to my lovely homemaking skills...and my Bosch mixer :) Actually, I should thank my sweet church leader way back in the day-Carol Nielson. She was my "bread teacher." I have since found and altered many recipes to make up my own wheat/flax seed bread recipe. So, here's to happy homemaking :)...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for homemade bread! I want your recipes please! I love love love homemade bread. Nothing better. :) I love your Pampered Chef stone too. Did you know I used to sell Pampered Chef? lol. I've done it all.
Bread recipes please!

caitlinlee said...

mmmmmmmmm i can almost smell it from here. haha. will you come visit me and teach me how to make homemde bread? you can be MY Sis. Nielson. :) or maybe a more plausible solution just send me some in the mail. i prefer the first however.

Emily said...

you'be made a lot of pizza on that stone! I'm like, what are all those lines, it looks like a giant sunburst....

The bread looks yummy, I think i can smell it through my monitor!

Tami Harris said...

I'm so glad you found me! Of course you can add me to your blog. Can you believe 4 kids?? Don't worry, you won't be surprised with that announcement again! :) By the way...your bread looks awesome!!