Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Grocery shopping--my way...

Me: Excuse me Mr. Produce Man, Do you have any bell peppers that you would be willing to sell me for less than the advertised price of $ .89/each...cause I'm not paying that much.

Mr. Produce Man: How many do you need?

Me: Well, I'm making salsa and need 4 per recipe, so 4,8,12...whatever you got

Mr. Produce Man: wait here just a minute...(walks away,walks back)...here you go.

Me: perfect! 4 for $1 :) score!! ...12 will do just fine!

...who will I bargain with next...???!!!

Needless to say, I'm making more salsa!!

5 comments:

KATE said...

Holy Crap you rock! it's like you were Tiajuanna and haggling for the price! You go girl! I think you're my new hero!!

Carla said...

You never cease to amaze me.

caitlinlee said...

ahahhaha you crack me up!! That is hilarious, Katrina and i both had a laugh about that. Who fights with the advertised price in a grocery store? haha I love you. send me some salsa :) or bring it to disneyland.

RHS said...

that's awesome! i could use you when i buy a new car.

next time just come to my place and i'll give you some for free. we had so many bell peppers and spicy peppers in our garden that we couldn't eat them all so we were givin' them away left and right.

talonandanna said...

i know i know, bargain with the airline agent and getcha a bone cheap ticket this way! :))))))))) i bet the salsa's delish as is anything you make!