Monday, September 8, 2008

$2.05 and "Here's your sign"

You'll never guess what we did this weekend...went to Disneyland! We had so much fun and the weather was great. We met up with our friends Mike,Noelle and Mikey an enjoyed the evening at Disneyland with them. We used Johnny's company car,we had a free hotel night-with free breakfast-from our Marriott Rewards Visa card, and used points we had from our Disney Visa to buy dinner at the park,(we ate tortilla wraps I had made and brought with us for lunch) ...so, all in all...we spent $2.05 cash to get a breakfast sandwich(that we shared) and drink at McDonalds before we headed into the park Saturday. ..and now for the "Here's your sign" moment (I could share one of these everyday, but it might get kinda old) anyway, after getting up at 4am, leaving for Disneyland at 5am, arriving to the park at 10am, staying till 10pm--yes, on our feet for 12 hours, we decided it was time to head to the hotel. We get there, get showered, teeth brushed, Avery and I crawl into bed...a couple minutes later Johnny finishes up his bed time routine, walks into the dark, quiet bedroom at 11:50pm and says, "you guys ready for bed?!" I said to him, "Ummm,no Johnny, we're fine, did you want me to see if the fitness center is still open?!" Seriously--HERE'S YOUR SIGN!! Needless to say, we went to bed and slept till 9am. We had a fabulous weekend and will probably do it again in about a month--anyone else want to join us?!
Click to play Disneyland, Sept. 08
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

4 comments:

talonandanna said...

i wanna join you.... 'sigh'... some time before we're 50. lol. looks like you had a good time and i'm not surprised at all at the amount of money it cost you. you thrifty little lady you! talk to you soon.

KATE said...

I love your "here's your sign" moment! I wounldn't get tired of them, because first of all I love to hear about them & second I love hearing that we aren't the only ones who commit them! ha ha

I would LOVE to join you! Where do I sign up? How fun, if we are ever headed that way we'll let ya know!! That would be so much fun!!

Carla said...

The funny thing to me is that I'll bet Johnny said that just to be a dork. Gotta love that guy!! Glad you guys had so much fun. I'm saving my pennies so that I can go sometime.

Anonymous said...

That idea of sharing a breakfast sandwich was so smart because you wouldn't want Johnny to get a tummy ache from eating to much.
HA HA HA
Love LAURA