Monday, July 28, 2008

California Camping







We spent the weekend camping in the beautiful Dardenelles,CA. Our friends Carmen,Robert and their boys Jared and Jacob joined us too. We camped right next to a rushing river...gorgeous! I'm not sure if Avery could have gotten much dirtier--it was really grossing me out. No showers at this camping area...so we were pretty caked with dirt by the time we got home yesterday. It was a good time though-Johnny caught a couple fish, we ate some yummy buttermilk biscuits for breakfast, and then headed to Pinecrest Lake for the day. We canoed around the lake a couple times and the boys did some paddle boating. What a great weekend!

7 comments:

KATE said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm the same I'm all for camping, but the dirty kid thing does kind of freak me out! I'm the dork who carries antibacterial wipes everywhere and insist they use them. Until my kids all want me to leave and just have dad there, because he doesn't care how gross they get!
Those are GREAT pictures!

Unknown said...

It's hard to take all the dirt when we're camping. I just have to hold back and let the boys get filthy and then it's straight to the bath when we get home. She looked like she was having the time of her life!!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are beautiful. I wish my husband would take me camping,I love it. I guess my day will come someday.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful place to go camping. I want to go camping soooo bad. Avery's face is hilarious! I love the way she is looking at that little boy! Wish we were there!

Michelle

talonandanna said...

dirt! ha, i laugh in the face of dirt, welcome to MY world! LOL gorgeous pictures, i HAVE got to get down there for a little R & R! oh and way to go with the famous mt dew tshirt johnny!

talonandanna said...

ps- what's your next outting/adventure you got on yo agenda? always out doing. love that, glad you had a good time! :) MISSSSSSSSSSSSSS YOU

caitlinlee said...

oh she is so cute! i love her little pony tail!!