Sunday, November 30, 2008

All because two people fell in love...




























That's what I'm thankful for--that two people fell in love--well, many different sets of two people. My parents,my grandparents,my aunts and uncles,my siblings, Johnny and I...and so on. Because of the many years of people falling in love, we were able to have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with family. We spent it with my Aunt Carrie and her husband Bill, my Uncle John and his wife-Aunt Marsky, and my cousin Jordy. Only one of these people am I biologically related to, but they are family to me, and I was happy and grateful to spend the holiday with them.

We had such a great time at John and Marsky's house--they have a really neat house and neat backyard that you can see the Griffith Observatory (where Rebel Without A Cause was filmed)from. We spent all day snacking on yummy freshly prepared food like crab soup,egg strata,and onion tarts to name a few. Of course, we had a great turkey dinner later on in the afternoon and then a pumpkin cheesecake. The best part was the company though-we sat by the fire pit outside, played the Wii, and spent lots of time laughing and joking. We stayed a couple day at Carrie and Bill's home and had a nice relaxing time with them, as usual. Avery already misses Oliver and Spencer, the dogs!

3 comments:

Carla said...

I'm so glad you had a great time over the Thanksgiving weekend, and so glad that you live close to extended family. There's nothing like family!!

KATE said...

How fun! It looks like it was a great day!!!

Shannon said...

oh fun!

I just scrolled down and saw some of your posts. The guy in the UTAH shirt, oh my! Hilarious.
I love that you are an absolute Disney Freak. the picture of Avery and tink is so darling. Avery is a cuter tinkerbell, i think!!

Such fun pictures!!