Sunday, November 6, 2011

Newport Beach






For our annual fall trip to So.Cal./Disney we always stay in Newport Beach @ Marriott's Newport Coast Villas. It is so gorgeous...kind of our home away from home. We played at the beach, roasted marshmallows, lounged at the pool, played tennis...ya, tennis didn't turn out to be the best idea...My very competitive Dad and equally competitive brother were playing when my brother hit a ball that my Dad went way back for, he hit the fence really hard, fell, split his head open, passed out...ya, we were all there, minus my Mom, who was in the room reading, but the 5 grandkids watched it all in terror...my brother is yelling to my Dad to try and get him to wake up, we are all yelling "call 911"...meanwhile the kids are all hysterically crying, thinking Grandpa was a goner...oh, it was bad...paramedics came, took him ( he was awake and responding at this point ), 6 hours later we found he had broken his arm and had to get his head stitched up...quite the day...oh, it's been 3 1/2 weeks and he is still hurting, and will hopefully regain full use of his arm. The best part is, he walked onto the tennis court just 10 minutes before and said, "I use to play tennis in high school"...ya, he's not 15 anymore! ...I think the kids are scarred for life and will always hate tennis, seriously. Other than that, and luckily it was the day before we left, we had a fabulous time!

No comments: