Thursday, March 11, 2010

Happy Birthday C !!























We were able to meet with Wyatt's birthmom last week. We decided to meet at the agency on Thursday evening. I made fettuccine alfredo--her fave--and brought it for dinner. She also turned 17 last week, so I made a cookie cake for her and we brought balloons and some gifts.

It was so good to see her and have her see and hold Wyatt and know that he is happy and healthy. We also had the pleasure of meeting her Dad that night. We spent a couple of hours talking and getting to know each other more. We were happy to be able to learn more about her and her family. Apparently Wyatt looks a lot like her when she was a baby--she is going to send me some pictures--I can't wait to see them!

The day at the hospital was so rushed, and happened all in a matter of hours, we didn't have a chance to spend time all together. I was glad she was up to meeting with us. I know it was emotional for her, but I hope that it helped her be even more at peace with her decision.

We are so grateful for her and her decision. We are truly blessed to have baby Wyatt and love him immensely.

4 comments:

the splendid life of us... said...

I LOVE Open Adoption!

talonandanna said...

sweet photo. love these birth parents who are so brave and selfless. so happy he's with you! he's a doll!

talonandanna said...

sweet photo. love these birth parents who are so brave and selfless. so happy he's with you! he's a doll!

KATE said...

What a sweet experience, for all of you! Love you tons Janel... you're the best!