Monday, July 16, 2007

Sports Bone 68





Ok, I know the title sounds weird, it is. Growing up, my Dad use to take us to Giants games at Candlestick Park. That is a fond memory for me. We spent many cold late nights cheering our team on. On the way home, we would always listen-and fall asleep to-"Sports Bone 68", or so I thought. Years later, when I finlly asked what Sports Bone meant, I found out it was actually Sports Phone 68. It was a radio post game show on KNBR 68. People would call in to talk about the game--hence the name Sports Phone...My Dad still listens to it to this day-any way he can. On the internet, muffled through the car radio-yes, from California to Utah, he tries to get his KNBR 68. So, this weekend, we took Avery to her first SF Giants game. The name of the stadium has changed a few times since then, but it sure was fun to take Avery-and yes, she wore her Giants shirt (#25) and rooted for her team. Also, I saw the booth where they host the post game show! It will always be Sports Bone from Candlestick Park, to me.

No comments: